Tuesday, 17 November 2009


WHAT LONDON GIVES YOU

I have just been to london for the last weekend, I have been there several times since I am used to visit Keith, Alberto, Mika and all the people I met during summer 2007 when I have lived there for two months.
I went there several times but for some reasons it is always a different city. Some buildings are growing and some graffiti are painted on the old red brick-built wall to make sure you won't be bored if you come across the same area few time after. People, that's the centre of the city. There are loads of people queueing, paying, eati
ng, drinking, running, kissing. there is love and hate, frustration and passion in the streets, u can fell that when you pass by Soho; there is creativity in the air , you can breath it, when you walk together with amazing people in Shoreditch. expensive yeah, but worth it.
I went to the calling out context festival at the ICA, tate modern, royal academy of arts and white chapel gallery. this is a piece of poetry I found on a wall at the tate modern. I like it:

SEARCH THE SHORES
OF AN ANCIENT LAND
UNDER THE STARS
ALONG THE SAND
BETWEEN THE PINES
AND CACTUS TREE
SEE THE STONE WHERE THE LIZARD SLEEPS
WHAT IS THE OBJECT OVER THERE?

WHO IS THE MAN BY THE ORANGE TREE?
THE VOICES CALLING IN THE SQUARE?
THE LIGHT THAT FLICKERS OUT AT SEA?
I saw Bansky's graffiti last night from the bus to King's cross station. I have seen those three kids with the Tesco flag. Provocative, strong, amazing.


to be continued...

1 comment: