Sunday, 29 November 2009

INSTANT PHOTOGRAPHY + COLLAGE



I have been to the new art space of our lovely town: Nottingham contemporary. It 's wicked. I loved it.

text and color and image and deconstruction. that's life, isn't it?


I wrote down what I saw hardly on the surface of his paintings. Maybe it does not have a full sense but I don't care. Have a read:

FOR THE ONE I LOVE MOST
LAY SLEEPING
BY ME UNDER THE SAME LOVER IN THE NIGHT
IN THE STILLNESS IN THE AUTUMN MORE DREAMS
HIS FACE WAS INCLINED TOWARDS ME
HIS ARM WAS LIGHTLY AROUND MY BREAST
THAT NIGHT I WAS HAPPY
(1960)

I love the way he uses polaroids and collage to create pictures you can see from different points of view. I love those photo-artwork. I just wonder wether i could see them for real. It is really sad they are not at the exhibition here.

3 comments:

  1. ah! this guy's work I know them! quite interesting! I wish i could pay a visit to that contemporary...mabe someday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those lines are from a walt whitman poem:
    For the one I love most lay sleeping by me under the same cover in the cool night,
    In the stillness, in the autumn moonbeams, his face was inclined toward me,
    And his arm lay lightly around my breast—and that night I was happy.
    I love this poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hockney, who I assume is the artist, was a huge fan of Walt Whitman. Who can blame him!? Check out "we two boys together clinging".
    (It's Phoebe from Pembroke here by the way)

    ReplyDelete