Monday, 30 November 2009

COME TO THE EDGE: INDEPENDENT PROJECT by Luca Iemi

This is a brief overview to let you know about my new project. There is still more work to be done.

I don't know exactly what I am: I love art, independence and beauty in everyday life.
I like to be myself completely.
I avoid the main-stream but I don't know why. I just think there is nothing interesting in it.


Why did you decide to be different?
why are you more interesting than other people I meet?
what journey have you taken to be become who you are?'

Have you ever found anyone asking you: are you arty or artificial? Being quirky and having an eccentric lifestyle could be only a common trend of this blurry period of the human history or there could be something under it. Somebody could say that you all dress the same, trying hardly to be different to one another.
Is this an highly selective circle of addicts or a misunderstood contemporary subculture that characterizes our time?
Why do you like weird music from unknown independent labels?
what makes you choose to see a foreign off-mainstream movie?
why do you dress like that and what do you think clothes can express?
What makes you like the people you are used to hang out with?
Why do common people often think that you are weird?
Are there any common people for you?


I need you to contribute in this project with your ideas. I would like to have something that makes me think about you and me and find a leitmotiv that connects our edgy minds.
what I ask you to do is to write a little text about yourself and the part of the world you feel to belong to (if there is one).
Use all your devices, tools and creative skills.
Do use a picture, Cut a piece of a newspaper or simply write a quote.
Why are you cool?

"Coolness is the proper way you represent yourself to a human being." Robert Farris Thompson.

you can email your work to : luca.iemi@gmail.com

The stupendous Photos above are by Diane Arbus.

1 comment:

  1. it set me thinking a lot this project idea of urs. i ll gladly contribute.

    ReplyDelete