Wednesday, 23 December 2009

WHAT'S WRONG WITH CONTEMPORARY ART?

This is a street of nottingham with a random performance of this asian girl. Do you think it s weird? I just like it!
Why not liking it without thinking about its meaning?
It is Fun!
People like to experiment, to try new things and do something different.



3 comments:

  1. true but sometimes the line between experimentation and exaggeration is subtle.

    http://www.cardcow.com/images/saddling-up-big-jack-exaggeration-43951.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you are right!
    BUt exaggeration is fun sometimes as well. I like that bunny!!
    I had an argument with my cousin last night about the meaning of contemporary art. It is so hard to get to know it. sometimes they are concern with the shape only or just with the color. It is hard to explain what ART is to a person who has been living in this valley without traveling at all for her entire life. what do u think? how would u start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably I am not good in something like explaining someone what is art, or what is beauty, or what is good or bad, because it is so strictly glued to how everybody is shaped in mind. we all are quite different and nowadays even more due to the globalization phenomena. and I am not sure if I can teach, or just point out things, to someone whom has a completely different experience than me. because it can turn into a match and the contenders probably will be both thinking "I am right". sharing ideas is the way I think and also experiences. it is harder because we have to put us on the same level of the others whom we are speaking with but is more successful. it is the way of the comparison. because is better to archive knowledge knowing the differences between people and the phenomenas behind this diversity rather than considering others merely different. I think.

    ReplyDelete